Awards And Achievements
We are proud that our students and faculty have received accolades and appreciation for their continued effort and successful research that they have conducted. Some of the highly appreciated and laurel worthy efforts of our medical students and faculty are listed below:
- Mr. Mohammed Nehad Khan (Batch of 2012), received the University Gold medal as the overall Topper, for having secured the highest aggregate marks in all the Final MBBS subjects (He also secured a PG seat for MS in General Surgery, at Gandhi Medical College)
- Apollo Medical College, Hyderabad, has been empaneled for the Visiting Students Learning Opportunities (VSLO), with the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). At the same time, the process for registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) UK is being concluded.
- International Electives – Two of our students spent time overseas, pursuing electives in Internal Medicine in Boston.
- The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, selected eight students of the 2016 Batch, for training and certification in Molecular Biology techniques that are frequently used in medical research.
- Three of our students secured Short-Term Student (STS) grants from the ICMR, of Rs. 10,000/- each, to conduct research at the undergraduate level.
- Dr. Prashanth (Associate Professor in Forensic Medicine), has successfully completed his Advanced Course in Medical Education (ACME), recently.
- Professor Malini Datta, from the Department of Physiology, attended the 2nd ACME Online sessions at Belagavi.
- Professor C. Mrudula, from the Department of Anatomy, and Associate Professor G Pavani, from the Department of Microbiology, were selected for the 1st ACME course at Belagavi.
- Prof C. Mrudula, from the Department of Anatomy, was selected for the FAIMER Fellowship at CMC Ludhiana, and Associate Professor Saju Binu Cherian, from the Department of Anatomy, was chosen for the FAIMER Inter-Professional Program, at Manipal University.
- A NACO ART center was established in the Hyderabad campus, making the Apollo Medical college the 3rd Private Medical college in the country, and the 1st in Telangana, to have such a center to provide care for the HIV infected.
- NABH Accreditation Pre-Entry Level inspection of the Medical College Hospital was completed successfully, with the Council’s Certification having recently been received.
- The DOTS center has been actively promoted, along with the development of subspecialties, like the Asthma Clinic & the Respiratory Rehab Clinics.
- The AMC conducted 50 medical camps last year, in which 10000 beneficiaries were screened. Several Cataract surgeries, Retinal surgeries, and Corneal transplantations were also performed in the previous year. An MOU has been signed with the Rangareddy District Collectorate for the AIMSR to be a part of the District Blind Control Society (DBCS). 75 Mega Health Camps & 50 regular camps with the DBCS, have been conducted so far.
- The NICU & PICU have been upgraded to level-III status. Subspecialties like the DASI (Developmental Assessment Scale for Indian Infants), Pediatric Psychology Counseling center, Pediatric Surgery, and Pediatric Asthma clinics, have also been introduced.